Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Monday, August 1, 2016

Our Second Full Day in La Paz

On Saturday the Locklin family was happy and sad to leave Cochabamba. Sad because we all love the good, memorable times we had, and the warm climate too.Happy because we're among more family now, and closer to returning home!

Our flight was quick (lasting only forty minutes), and we landed safe and sound. The first thing I noticed was how the change in the altitude affected me. I started breathing faster because of the lack of oxygen, and had a slight headache. The second thing I noticed was the cold! Now that it's winter in Bolivia, La Paz is cold night and day! My poor grandma literally wrapped herself in jackets and blankets. No wonder La Paz is called the highest administrative capital in the world!

Our uncle David and aunt Ruth were waiting for us at the airport, ready to drive us all the way down to my uncle Rudy and aunt Doris's house. Why do I say down?  Because the actual city of La Paz is in a valley, and the surrounding land, which is completely flat, is called El Alto, where the airport is.

We have gotten used to the new climate and altitude quickly, all thanks be to God! He has blessed us with good health, good spirits, and a good arrival. This morning He also blessed us with my mom's old church. The service was amazing, and the reunion and fellowship with other members of the church was full of joy!

God has never failed to provide us with what we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment