Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Friday, August 5, 2016

A Trip to Cranavi Part 2

Our first day in Caranavi left us super tired but full of joy!! God is doing great things in this orphanage.

After having a mouthwatering breakfast with the orphanage's director and his wife, Mr. Fidel and Mrs. Charo, we got a tour of casa de esperanza. 

Later we drove down in their pickup truck to the actual city to see some parades. School parades to be exact. Every year all the schools march through a few squares of the town in full uniform. It was fun for me to see the best students and graduates! Since Casa de Esperanza's kids go to a Christian school called Vida y Verdad (Life and Truth), we got to see them march past. 

Finally, exhausted and half deaf from all the loud drum beating, we drove up to the orphanage hungry for some lunch. As soon as we arrived, the cooks served us a lot  of steaming hot peanut noodle soup. It was yummy, but I was busier telling the director how I had raised funds for his orphanage. When the meal finished, the director and his wife announced our arrival and asked me to tell how I had raised funds to everyone present. I did so (with a pounding heart) and gave Mr. Fidel the money. Then he prayed for us. It was such a blessing to see everyones' efforts appreciated!
The efforts of GCC, MCH co-op, and of friends and family! Thank you so much for all your efforts and money and support! 


Mr. fidel  mentioned that the money would be used for new school uniforms.
 I really wish you could see this place and the children and the real difference you are making. I could've never achieved what I started out to do without your help.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your trip through your blog, Victoria! And thank you for allowing us through MCH to contribute to the orphanage--you are the one who made it happen, to the glory of God!
    Ms. Barbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip. I will keep writing a few more posts

      Delete
    2. It was a great trip. I will keep writing a few more posts

      Delete
  3. I love reading about your trip and being able to see the pictures. ❤️

    ReplyDelete