Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Friday, August 12, 2016

Airport Reflections

Yesterday passed so quickly!

This morning my mom woke me up at 4:00 a.m. That night I had had difficulty falling asleep because of my excitement because I kept thinking and saying to myself tommorow we're going home! Finally, my uncle David and aunt Ruth came to drive us to the airport luggage and all. Our goodbyes to my aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandma were sad, but hopeful. God willing, we'll see them in two years.

After a forty minute drive, we arrived at the airport in El Alto. We boarded our flight quickly, and parted to Santa Cruz at 6:30 a.m. After more than an hour of reading, eating snacks, and resting, we arrived at the city of Santa Cruz. We only stayed there an hour, waiting to board the same plane to continue our trip straight to Miami. That flight lasted six hours and thirty minutes from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The plane staff provided a very late breakfast and a snack. Also, there was a TV screen every few rows. With headphones, we enjoyed watching a movie called "The Meddler," and a few other TV programs. I don't have a lot to telll you about this part of our trip, with the exception that the view was breath-taking! Through a wall of clouds, we were able to see a few cities as we passed over Venezuela. When all was clear, my brothers and I saw Cuba, inummerable islands, and the bluest water and lovely beaches. Then we finally spotted the Florida Keys! We saw all the tip of Florida, and then zoomed in on the city of Miami. Before we knew it we had landed in Miami, Florida, a part of my home: The United States.

Now we are waiting to board our flight from Miami to Jacksonville. We have been traveling all day and are anxious to arrive home, and, especially anxious to give our dad a big hug! Thanks be to God, everything has gone well and we are safe and sound. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment