Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Three Special Places

Yesterday my family spent all day in three special places: Sagarnaga St, Hotel President, and my aunt Ruth's house.

In the middle of the morning we drove to the Sagarnaga. It is a sort of shopping center for purses, wallets, jewelry, shirts, pencil cases, and all sorts of souvenir-like, Bolivian style stuff. We bought a ton of souvenirs like earrings and shirts, and then headed towards Hotel President to eat lunch.

Hotel President is one of the most well-known hotels in La Paz. But its main attraction is its buffet/restaurant. We ate lunch in the restaurant part on the sixteenth floor. I could serve myself the salad, rice, and french fries buffet-style. The soup, main course, and dessert were served to us by the waiter. For the main course I ordered lamb steaks. Everything was super tasty and yummy!!

But the most special part of this special place was that my parents had their wedding reception here. She has many precious memories in Hotel President. 

With stomachs full to bursting, we walked six blocks to where my aunt Ruth lives. But what a walk! Since La Paz isn't flat, but shaped like a bowl, we had to walk upwards. We should've taken a taxi! After arriving exhausted, we ate some fruit and water as refreshment. I had a look around the house, and then we talked for hours with Aunt Ruth and my cousin Joey. After a while, I joined Jonathan and Andrew in playing with Terry, my cousin's dog.

This house is special because it is the house my mom grew up in. She has more memories than I do of this house.

To conclude, the Locklin family had a great time all day mixed with great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment