Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Friday, July 29, 2016

Our Last Week in Cochabamba

Tommorow we're leaving Cochabamba and flying to Lapaz, Bolivia! I can not believe how time has flied!

This week we've been basically running around, getting last minute shopping done, and also satisfying other cravings for traditional Bolivian food. Snacks such as pasteles de appi (api cakes),  potatoes filled with chicken and cheese filling, and wistupiku.

Api cakes are seriously my favorite snack in Bolivia. Actually, they're probably my favorite snack in the whole wide world. And with a mug full of that steaming, purplish, thick, and simply delicious liquid called api to sip along with it, api cakes taste perfect!

I could talk about api cakes forever, but I also need to tell you about something almost if not as delicious. Potatoes! Plain-looking potatoes filled with cheese. Others are filled with chicken, eggs, and vegetables combined! Very, very yummy.

Last but definitely not least, my mom bought all of us some wistupiku, a type of empanada (pastry). I chose one with cheese filling, and the others chose charque filling.

The rest of the week we spent saying goodbye to friends and relatives, and also starting to pack.  We mostly called on my mom's cousins, chatting and presenting them with farewell gifts. Just two days ago we visited my great aunt Tina and enjoyed a delicious tea with her.

The saddest goodbye Jonathan, Andrew, and I had to say was to  School Despertad, which we had been attending for two and a half weeks. We all received a great farewell from our classes. We've made numerous memories and friends, and have learned more and improved our Spanish.
Secondly, we were all sad to leave my grandma's church. It has been a big blessing this past month!

Today we are cleaning the house, washing clothes, and packing like crazy. My grandma is going to La Paz with us, so we have to leave everything ship shape! The whole Locklin family is working and keeping very busy! Please pray for us, especially my grandma, to have a safe trip. We are very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment