Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Saturday, July 16, 2016

One Tasty Treat!

Yesterday my family and I enjoyed another traditional treat: Saltenas!

We drove to downtown Cochabamba and found a restaurant called "Sucre Manta." My grandma, mom, and I ordered spicy saltenas, and my two brothers ordered empanadas (another kind of Bolivian pastry) filled with chicken, eggs, and basically what saltenas are filled with.

But what are saltenas filled with? Olives, eggs, and chicken covered in a spicy sauce. On the outside, though, it seems to be a type of pastry formed like a half circle.

You eat a saltena by breaking a hole on one end and eating what's on the inside until it's empty. It's like eating the ice cream first and then the cone.

The delicious experience is worth writing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment