Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Sunday, July 27, 2014

La Paz y nada mas (La Paz and nothing else)

La Paz and nothing else is what people who love this city would say. This is where I was born and grew up. La Paz is the second capital of Bolivia, the executive and legislative branches are in this city. Sucre is the judicial capital. I grew up three blocks from Plaza Murillo, the main square in La Paz. Congress and the Presidential Palace are on this Plaza. The streets where I walked during the day were always buzzing with people. How different is the upbringing of my kids in a suburbun area of Jacksonville where they hardly see people on the streets. I want our kids to experience and enjoy the things I did as a little girl, and feeding the pigeons in Plaza Murillo was one of them. The pigeons are very friendly to the point of climbing onto your hand.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, and what fun to be in the beautiful city of La Paz! Their winter is edging toward spring?

    ReplyDelete